The spread of the COVID-19 virus made a significant impact on our ability to hold the Live Round of the Carmel Klavier Europe International Piano Competition in London on 29 March 2020.
Based on the information and advice available we are going ahead with the online option.
As the event organisers, we believe that during these difficult times our decision will provide a very important incentive for the pianists to complete their preparations for the competition as well as deliver a hugely positive factor of keeping busy and focused on the music during the school closures.
How to submit videos
1. Only submit your form if you were qualified for entry for the Live Round which is now replaced by the 2nd Round Online.
2. All videos must be newly recorded and unedited
3. Both pieces must be recorded in one video
4. The video must be uploaded on YouTube with public settings
5. The video must include the name of the pianist and repertoire
6. Add the link in the Submission Form
7. Tap the button below to fill in the Submission form
8. The videos will be shared on the Carmel Klavier Europe official Facebook page
9. A Special Prize will be awarded for the video performance which will receive the most ‘likes’ on the Carmel Klavier Europe official Facebook page by 5 pm UK time
10. Closing date for submission is 22 March, Sunday
11. The results decided by our adjudicators will be announced in the live video on the 29 March on the Carmel Klavier Europe official Facebook page at 6 pm UK time
12. Prizes and Certificates will be sent by mail
Please note that according to our Application Rules all fees are none-refundable should you decide not to take part in the online option.
We hope all our applicants and candidates remain safe and healthy during this period.
With best wishes,
Carmel Klavier Europe