- Competition is open to all young pianists age 5 to 18.
1.1. Pianists must be five years old and no older than eighteen on June 1st, 2021.
1.2. Pre-college students only.
- Previous Grand Prize winners:
2.1. Cannot compete in the category and/or age group they won the year before.
2.2. Can compete in the category they won when they are old enough to be in the next level up.
2.2. Can compete in other competition categories in the following year.
- Categories winners at the Carmel Klavier Europe, Latin America and Asia are eligible to compete in the final round at the Carmel Klavier in the USA.
3.1. Fees paid for the preliminary video audition will cover the fees for the finals at the Carmel Klavier (USA).
- Preliminary video auditions are required for all levels and categories.
4.1. Videos must be submitted via YouTube or Vimeo URL links in the registration form.
4.2. Videos can be recorded within nine months prior to March 20th, 2021.
4.3. The adjudication committee will evaluate video submissions and applicants will be informed of the jury’s decision no later than TBA.
- Repertoire for the preliminary audition does not have to be the same as in the live round but must comply with the repertoire requirements and time limit for the level and category.
5.1. When competing in more than one category, the same repertoire cannot be repeated.
5.2. Textual repeats are at the discretion of the pianist but must remain within the time limits for the level and category.
5.3. Memorisation rules vary for each category.
5.4. Time limit of the performances is determined by the level and category entered.
- The live rounds: semi-final and final, are open to general public.
6.1. Each contestant must perform before the jury at the designated time.
6.2. Warm-up rooms will be available to all pianists at assigned times.
6.3. Semi-final round results will be announced at the end of each day of the semi-final performances.
6.4. Final results will be announced at the Award Ceremony at the Gala Concert in Carmel, USA.
- The jury reserves the right to interrupt any performance exceeding the allotted time limit.
7.1. Prizes will be awarded according to the competition jurors’ discretion.
7.2. Withdrawal from the competition will require a 48-hour notice prior to the start of the designated round and must be sent to the competition committee in writing, tap contact.
7.3. Any violation of the rules and conditions by the contestant may result in expulsion from the competition, which is irrevocable.
7.4. If performances do not meet the established performance quality criteria for the competition, the jury reserves the right not to award a prize in one or all categories.
7.5. All decisions of the jury are final.
- All payments and fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable due to the nature of the event.
- By signing the registration form, participants agree to all rules of the Carmel Klavier Europe International Piano Competition for Young Artists.
- The organizers reserve the rights to update competition rules.